Home Made Cheesecake
1 and 3/4 cups Digestive Biscuit Crumbs (about 15 full biscuits)
1/3 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 (8 ounce) packages Cream Cheese (32 ounces in total)
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup sour cream
2 teaspoons vanilla
- Double wrap the bottom of the springform pan with foil, sealing it tightly to prevent water from getting into the pan. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl mix the digestive biscuit crumbs, butter, granulated sugar, and salt together. Press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of the springform pan.
- Bake the crust for 8-10 minutes, or until lightly golden. Set aside while you make the cheesecake filling.
- In the bowl, mix the cream cheese and sugar, until smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Add the sour cream and vanilla, mix well. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, after each addition just until mixed. Don’t over mix.
- Pour the filling over crust and spread evenly.
- Place the springform pan into a larger pan and pour hot water into the pan. Make sure the water level doesn’t come up higher than the foil.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes.
- Store airtight, refrigerated for up to 5 days.