Baked Harissa Chicken with White Bean
This vibrant recipe sees chicken pieces slathered with harissa and cooked in a rich tomato sauce with beans. Everyone loves easy traybake. Harissa Chicken paired with rice is a Tunisian inspired recipe. This easy and healthy harissa chicken is quick to make and perfect to serve over rice for a weeknight meal. Chicken breast is marinated in harissa paste for a sweet and spicy dish. Gluten-free and low carb.
- 400 g plum tomatoes
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 800 g boneless chicken
- 2 tbsp harissa
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 200 g white beans tins, drained and rinsed
- basil or coriander leaves for garnish
- salt to taste
- Using a blender, grind the plum tomatoes with vinegar, garlic, and fennel seeds to make a smooth sauce. Season and set aside.
- Season the chicken all over and rub the harissa. Heat the oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Fry the chicken 5 minutes. Remove to a plate.
- Lower the heat, then pour the tomato sauce into the pan. Tip in the beans. Mix the chicken into the sauce.
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Put into the oven for 35-40 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the bean stew has reduced. Scatter over basil/ coriander leaves to serve.