Coriander ThogayalCourse: Side DishCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
1 medium bunch Coriander Leaves (2 cups tightly packed)
1 tsp Tamarind
Salt to taste
- For Tempering
1 tsp Oil
2 tbsp Urad Dhal
3 tbsp Chana Dhal
2 Garlic cloves
2 red Chilli
2 tbsp chopped Coconut
2 pinch Hing (asafoetida)
- For tempering, heat oil in a skillet. Then add Urad and Chana dhal. Once crackle, add the garlic cloves and fry until golden brown.
- Then add green chillies, tamarind and chopped coconut. Stir well. Add hing (asafoetida) and salt. Stir well and turn of the stove.
- Add the coriander leaves and give a quick stir.
- Set aside and allow it to cool down.
- Once cold, grind it to semi coarse paste into thogayal consistency.
- Garnish with 1 tsp oil (optional).
- Serve with hot steaming rice or with any variety of rice!