Fruit CakeCourse: DessertCuisine: BritishDifficulty: Medium
1 and 3/4 cup flour
1 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon powder
1 tsp ground all spices (nutmeg, cloves, cardamom, dry ginger)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup water
Zest of 1 orange or lemon
800g (dried fruits and nuts-raisins, dried cranberries, prunes, dates), pre-soaked
- In a medium saucepan, boil butter, dry fruits and nuts, brown sugar, and water. Boil in medium flame for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and let it cool.
- In a bowl, add 1 and 3/4 cup flour, zest of 1 lemon or orange, cinnamon powder, ground all spices, baking powder, salt, and mix everything together.
- Then add the eggs to the mixed fruits and stir for 2-3 minutes. Add the flour mixture and stir until it is combined well.
- Transfer the batter into the prepared pan. 9 inch pan.
- Bake 320F for about 75-90 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.