Steamed Garlic Prawn
How to make Steamed Garlic PrawnCourse: Main CourseCuisine: ChineseDifficulty: Medium
1 spring onions (scallions)
10-15 garlic cloves
2 tbsp vegetable oil
Salt to taste
½ tsp sugar
½ tsp green chilli sauce
1 tbsp soy sauce and 1 tbsp water, mixed
- Add garlic cloves in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Chop the white part of the scallion into small pieces.
- Heat the oil over high flame. Add the chopped garlic and stir for 1 minute. Then add the chopped scallion and stir for another minute or until it softend.
- Add the sugar, salt and green chilli sauce and stir for 2 minutes. Then add the mixed soy sauce and water. Mix well and turn off the heat. Set aside.
- Then slice the green long parts of the scallion into thin, long strands. Place the greens in cold water and soak for 10 minutes or until it’s curly. Set aside.
- To prepare the prawns, remove the prawn’s head and cut it down the back of its shell. Discard the black intestinal tract. Do the same to the other prawns.
- Stick a bamboo skewer througt its tail and make sure that the body is straighten up.
- Spoon heaping of the garlic mixture into the incision you made in the back of the prawn. Repeat with the remaining prawn.
- Place the prawn into a steamer and steam for 8-10 minutes or until it turns pink.
- Remove it from the steamer and garnish with the chopped green scallion.
- Serve Hot!