This is a lovely, creamy dip and a perfect way to use brinjal or eggplant.
- 2 Medium size Eggplant
- 1/2 cup White Onion, Chopped
- 3 tbsp Tahini (Mix 2 part sesame seeds with 1 part olive oil and little water and blend to make a smooth paste )
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 3 tsp Garlic, Chopped
- 3 tbsp yogurt
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Clean and pat dry the Brinjal/eggplant.
- Make a few incisions on the Brinjal/eggplant and roast directly on the stove or grill in an oven till the skin turns black and the flesh is softened.
- When it is cool, remove the blackened skin of the eggplant.
- In a mixer, add the flesh of the Brinjal/egg plant and remaining ingredients and simply blend into a smooth dip.
- Garnish with olive oil, coriander and pomegranate.
- Serve with pita bread or any other crackers.