Mince mutton, cooked with indian spices, tomato and lemon juice. You can use either mutton or lamb mince for this dish. Mutton Keema can be served for dinner with fried rice or roti and you will be happy to see your family and friends wanting more. Kids favorite dish.
Preparation Time : 10 minutes
Cooking Time : 35 minutes
- 1 Bay leaf
- 2 Green cardamom
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 Cloves
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger, chopped
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 green chilli, chopped
- 1tsp turmeric (US –Patanjali Turmeric Powder 200 gm)
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- salt to taste
- 1/2 kg boneless mutton (minced)
- 2 tomatoes, pureed
- 1/2 Lemon, juiced
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
- Heat oil in a pan at medium flame, add bay leaf, green cardamom, cumin and cloves. Fry until it release the aroma.
- Now add chopped onions. Saute till golden brown.
- Add garlic, ginger and chilli . Saute for a minute.
- Now add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, cumin powder, coriander powder and salt. Saute for a minute.
- Add the mutton mince. Saute for 3-4 minutes. Add tomato puree and lemon juice.
- Cook for 10 minutes on medium flame. Then add cup of water, cover with a lid, let it cook for 10 minutes or untill the water evaporates. Stir occasionally. By now mutton will be well cooked.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Delicious Mutton Keema ready to serve with roti. fried rice or steam white rice.