Black Eye Peas curry is rich in taste, fills with flavour, delicious, nutritious and it is super easy to make. This is Vegan and gluten free recipe.
- 1 cup dried black eyed peas , soaked in water for about 3 hours
- 2 cups water
- few curry leaves
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 medium onion , finely chopped
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp chili powder ,
- cooking oil , such as grapeseed or avocado oil
- salt to taste
- bell peppers
- 2 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp paprika powder
- fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Select the Saute button (normal) on the Instant Pot and add 2 teasp cooking oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add the mustard seeds, bay leaves and curry leaves. Fry for a few seconds until fragrant.
- Add the onions and garlic. Saute until fragrant or till onions turns to translucent. Add the tomato, ground cumin, and ground coriander. Combine and cook for a minute mixing frequently.
- Drain the soaked black eyed peas and add them into the Instant Pot.
- Mix in the water, turmeric, chili powder, paprika powder, fresh lemon juice, and salt.
- Close the Instant Pot lid, select the Pressure Cook button to cook on high. Set the timer for about 13-15 minutes. When the time is up, allow the pressure to release naturally.
- Remove the lid, add pepper bells, simmer for a few more minutes until the curry becomes thick.
- Turn the Instant Pot off. Add freshly chopped cilantro and serve hot as is, over cooked rice.
Please follow and like us: