Oven Roasted baby eggplant is a delicious vegan/vegetarian dish. Made with paprika and garlic powder. The eggplant can be served as a side dish or as a main. The baby eggplants are the ideal side dish for picnics and potlucks during summer.
- 3 baby eggplant, cut into slices the long way (top to bottom)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp shredded parmesan cheese
- On rack over a baking sheet, lay out the eggplant and generously sprinkle with salt and let them sit for a min of 30 mins.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- After 30 mins, wipe away the salt and moisture with a paper towel and drain any liquid the on the sheet and wipe dry. Press firmly to ensure you get all the moisture.
- Brush olive oil over each slice, and place on a lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with salt, garlic powder and paprika. You have to get them into the oven quickly onces they’re oiled and seasoned, if not they will become spongy.
- Roast in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes, until they are golden brown and crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
- Serve hot, these can be drizzled with shredded parmesan cheese or delicious tahini dressing.
Please follow and like us: