Turkey Meatballs in Tomato Basil Sauce
Turkey meatballs cooked in Tomato Basil Sauce. You will loves this dish. This recipe is simple, doesnt take much time and no searing of these meatballs. Rather they are cooked in a simple basil sauce with tomatoes. Give the meatballs a gentle touch when mixing and shaping. Also, be careful not to stir the sauce when adding them to the sauce so the meatballs have a chance to firm up. Once meatball cooked and firmed up then you can stir as normal.
- 1/2 tbsp of Coconut oil
- 500g Turkey breast mince
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 small red pepper, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp ginger, minced
- 1/2 tbsp chopped fresh organic parsley
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp fresh pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp of oregano
- 300 g tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 handful of fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Place all the meatball ingredients in a bowl and mix everything together. Roll into 1.5 inch size balls. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan at medium heat. Add in onion and salt. Saute the onion for 3 minutes or till onions turns soft. Now add the rest of the ingredients. Cover with lid and Cook for 10 minutes, till tomatoes become soft and mushy.
- Place the meatballs on a roasting tray and pour over the freshly made sauce. Place it in your preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Garnish with basil leaves. Turkey Meatballs in Tomato Basil Sauce goes well with courgetti or any of your favourite vegetables.