Vegan Sticky Noodles with Homemade Hoisin
Vegan stir-fry noodles, a delicious and healthy dish. The hoisin sauce is made using five Chinese spices and apple cider vinegar to enhance the flavour. This is prefect for dinner.
- 2 tbsp raisins
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp tomato purée
- 1 tsp tamari soy sauce
- 1 tsp Chinese five spice
- 2 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 2 nests wholemeal noodles
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tbsp chopped ginger
- 2 red onions, thinly sliced
- 1 broccoli, cut florets
- 1 red chilli, seeded and chopped
- Take raisins in a small bowl or measuring jar, pour over 100ml boiling water then add in the garlic, vinegar, tomato purée, tamari soy sauce and five spice. Blitz with a hand blender until smooth paste, then stir in the peanut butter until well mixed.
- Soak the noodles in boiling water for 5 mins. Heat the oil in a large wok, add the chopped ginger with the onion, broccoli florets and chilli, stir-fry for 5 mins or more until the veg have softened.
- Drain the noodles and add to the pan with the hoisin. Toss well adding a little extra water if necessary to moisten, then toss through the basil leaves.